Join us on our Sustainability Journey
Improving our sustainability credentials is extremely important to us at BEAUTYPRO. We want to offer our customers the greener choice, so that they can enjoy planet friendly skincare treaments without compromising on results, price or ease of use.
The World's First Biodegradable Sheet Mask and Packaging
Our latest innovation tackles the issue of non-recyclable and non-biodegradable plastic waste.
We have simplified our pouches with a layer of paper printed with vegetable ink and a thin food grade plastic lining that has a unique additive to turn it into no longer being plastic.
Once opened the packaging biodegrades into organic matter in 1% of the time compared to traditional plastic. That’s a difference of 500 years down to 5 years and without microplastics.
This environmentally friendly biodegradable material can be disposed of in general waste, recycling bins and home composts, it will even biodegrade if it ends up in the sea.
We adopted our 1 Millionth Honey Bee!
In a bid to reverse the decline of the honey bee in England and to improve environmental biodiversity, we have adopted 1 million honey bees!
The number of honeybee hives in the UK has declined by 73%, falling from 1 million hives in 1900 to just 270,000 in 2015. We're excited to be doing our bit to look after the bee community and give back to our natural environment.
100% Plant Based and Water Free Serums
We created our serums with a mission is to create results driven formulas with sustainability at the forefront and utilising the power of nature to its fullest. Our formulas are water free with ingredients are responsibly sourced from world heritage sites and eco-farms to bring the best quality and potency to our products.
Our boxes are printed with vegetable ink onto FSC card (sustainable forestry) while the glass bottle and clear pump are fully recyclable at home.
The entire range is fully certified by the Vegan Society and PETA.
For every sale of 3 serums, BEAUTYPRO plants 1 tree and adopts 10 British Honey Bees, with a current tally of over 19,000 trees and 1 million bees!
Introducing our Sustainability Commitments
In 2019, we implemented our core sustainability commitments to cement the green values that we had been introducing over the years.
Our core commitments include:
- Zero Air Freight Policy - We operate a zero air freight policy. In 2019 this reduced our Carbon footprint by 11 Tones, which is equivalent to 698 days of home electricity usage.
- Recyclable Packaging - We have switched to paper tape and paper infill for all of our postage and packaging.
- 100% Electric Car Fleet - Our car fleet is 100% electric.
- Waste Hierachy - We follow the waste hierachy to reduce, re=use, recycle and recover where possible.
- FSC Approved Materials - Our gift boxes and serum boxes are made with FSC approved materials.
- 100% Green Energy - Our warehouse facility uses an energy provider that sources 100% green energy from solar, wind and hydro power. We also have solar panels that generate much of our power.